please stop tickling me

In which we laugh and laugh and laugh. And love. And drink.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon

Otium cum Dignitatae

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Fame!

If you Google 'Rich Bachelor' right now, you will find that the first hit is on the 'My Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy' blog.
It would also seem that she (?) obviously missed the joke in my screen name, and spends a great deal of time ridiculing same, and then never actually addresses the point. Typical. The fact that I used the appelation 'darlin'' is commented upon at length, making her (?) sound like twice the vindictive-fool-who-happens-call-themselves-a-feminist that I ever had to deal with back in the '90's, since I had the temerity to disagree with her. At least she doesn't hide behind this "we are nice people over here on the right, and never engage in name-calling" thing that most people on the right seem to engage in, shortly before the calling of names. She just openly does it.
We're just never going to be able to talk again, as a society, are we?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger tugboatcapn said...

I think that's what we are doing on our blogs, isn't it?
Talking?
I mean, you and I very seldom agree on anything, but I enjoy the exchange...
I Don't hate you; to the contrary, I like seeing the liberal perspective presented in an eloquent and intelligent manner, devoid of bumper stickers and profanity. You do this very well, and that is a rare thing, in my experience.
The tone of the Media would suggest that we all hate each other and can never find common ground, but I find that those of us out here in the trenches get along pretty well, we just disagree sometimes.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

Myself, I always think of the Confederate soldiers who brought tobacco, and the Union boys who brought coffee, to trade at night when the fightin' had died down for the day.

Respect, boys, respect. We HAVE to lay down our (rhetorical) arms in our own version of the evenin' -- and live to "fight" another day.

Because, just as durin' the War Between the States, God is on both sides.

7:27 PM  
Blogger rich bachelor said...

Good. I kind of felt like the media overplayed the gulf, myself. For that matter, there's how people vote as opposed to how they are in person, etc.
And of course I saw it as their need to move units. Like they say, you don't see newspaper articles about planes that land safely.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home