please stop tickling me

In which we laugh and laugh and laugh. And love. And drink.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon

Otium cum Dignitatae

Thursday, June 30, 2005

The Echo Chamber

I recommend that you go over to truckerphilosophy.blogspot.com. I will wait here for you.
You Back? Good. Did you then hit all the links on there? And the links on all the blogs he links to? Well, you might have noticed that I've been over there arguing with all of them for the better part of two weeks now, since it's important to me to talk to people that aren't like me, and even more important for those people to hear someone else, for once in their damn lives.
Did you check The Erudite Redneck? He's funny as hell, and actually seems to get it. He understands that really, deep down, the real enemy isn't the feelthy A-rabs but what homegrown fascists have already done and are still doing to us. Mind you, maybe I'm doing my godlike best to recreate him in my own image, but that's what it looks like. All the rest of them have a sickening amount in common.
Okay, as far as I can tell, they hold the following to be true:
Hillary Clinton is evil, and this is simply scientific fact folks, so you'd better not ask why, or you'll get a response in all caps.
Religious folk in America are a persecuted minority, surrounded on all sides by the rest of us degenerates who want to destroy their...Right to molest their children in peace? I dunno.
Despite the fact that they are a scrappy little embattled minority, their views are those of most of the country, and therefore, the majority. They are equally proud of this.
The Media is run by liberals (I know, if you spend half a day paying attention, you know that one's not true, but they have been told this, you see, by their friends in The Media).
There was a 'legal' justification for invading Iraq (which is then never explained), and even if it wasn't legal, then it was just the right thing to do, since all these geniuses with access to the internet are shrewd observers of world affairs, and know who's evil, and needs to be destroyed. They did not get this from the media. They just know.
You can't even bother trying to elucidate your point with liberals, as the basis of all liberal thought is, in essence, fallacious. Therefore, all you can do is hope they don't write in, and if they do, attack them in the most childish way possible, then say "God bless".
It is okay to disagree with the current administration, but if you do, you're giving aid to whoever The Enemy is supposed to be these days (I forget; is it still Commies? Drugs? No, no I got it! Terr-or-ists, which is to say the brown people). So actually, if you disagree with the nice man up there, you're a traitor and a criminal, and no, it's not actually okay to disagree.
There is something somehow valiant about all this blind following they do. It is the sort of thing that, if they ever questioned it, would make them insane wondering why they so routinely shovel their children into the maw of hell defending America's greatest corporations. Whoops. Editorial comment. Sorry.
'Profanity' is somehow not acceptable. Dirty Words are the sort of thing one's Wife (!) cannot ever see, so let's keep these discussions of genocide Family Friendly, okay?
They are the good guys who have the truth on their side, and it's the other guy who is always calling names. Except if you call them on their bullshit, then it's right back to all caps and plenty of namecalling.
The Talking Points sez that liberals are always feeling offended by the observations of us, the good people, so if they raise a valid objection to your jiz-headed reasoning, accuse them of being offended by the good, simple honest truth we are conveying here.
They know better than to talk the old language of hate, so they use the spin-language of hate, making certain that they portray themselves as the minority, surrounded by people who want to take their babies or something, and making sure that they never quite say "We just wanna kill all the niggers, fags, liberals and anyone who isn't a fundamentalist", since that would make them sound like dangerous nutjobs, of course. And end off with, "God bless", of course.
It is not a good thing to be either rich or intelligent, as these are things that liberals often are, however, it is a good thing to be rich because obviously capitalism is the only decent economic system ordained by god, and since I am conservative, I am more intelligent than you. You just don't know it, because you've been brainwashed by the rich, elitist, Jew liberal media.
When you're over there, check out the comments in particular. Along with way too much of me, you'll find people who are busy congratulating each other for hating the same things, for the most part. I want to tell myself that liberals don't do the same, but I know for a fact that they do. That's why I've never bought the whole "sinking to their level" argument. Like I'm better? No. I'm just an ideologue like them, except I'm not, since what I think is right, and they're wrong, and I'll kill them if they don't shut up, and...
Excuse me. I imagine that the reason that none of them of yet have commented upon my own postings is that I tend to go on and on, causing a person to try to read things off of a blinking screen, which I know is annoying. It's also clear that a lot of them can't fucking read (well? it's pretty clear they can't spell). And I'd like to say here, once and for all, I am a person from the country who now lives in the city, and isn't a fucking crybaby about having to deal with people who aren't like me, gets drunk and high and has all manner of sex with all sorts of people because I am an American goddamnit, and I can do that. I love my family and my friends, and defend them with a fierceness that you think these doinks would admire. They don't seem to get the fact that I see them as people who would imprison at least, kill if they could, the people I care about, and that I'm not afraid of fighting their simple asses, since there may no longer be any other way.
I don't appreciate their childish predjudices being presented as thought because it is the opposite. They rail against the ideal of diversity because they haven't even tried. I have, and I despise liberals as much as I despise conservatives. I despise ideologues in general because all I see, as always, is a bunch of people who want to control other people. The fact that these people I am discussing here are doing the work of highly paid spinmeisters for free is a sign that yes-I am surrounded by idiots.
They are sheep and they deserve to suffer. And they will. And they do.
Now, back to writing funny li'l stories about all the things I've seen/done.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

Dude. My eyes! My eyes! Use the paragraph key some. :-)
Thanks for the plug. I'll check more of yer stuff out as time unfurls.

5:15 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Hi, Bachelor, just popped in to check out your blog, and I see that there are some things we have in common. I too, cannot abide people who resort to personal attacks because someone does not agree with their ideology. I talk about how I feel about the issues, right or wrong, and much of the time, I don't think about it too much before I post. Occasionally I change my opinion on something after I've had time to give it more thought. I am NOT 100% conservative, I am 85%. I do want to correct one thing you said. that is: There was a 'legal' justification for invading Iraq (which is then never explained),
I know you've been visiting my blog and leaving comments so I don't see how you've missed this, but I have stated on numerous occassions that the legal justification for invading Iraq is Saddam's direct violation of the UN resolutions regarding the allowing of inspectors to search for any WMD's. I don't recollect how many times he ignored the UN, but I know over a period of 12 years the UN tried unsuccessfully to get him to comply only to be rebuffed. Now, we are being told that there are no WMD's in Iraq, which should be no surprise to anyone, after all, he had 12 years to hide them or move them. I hope that answers your question.
And actually, I spell quite well, I just have a keyboard with most of the letters worn off and I have never memorized their placement to the point where I can type without looking, so often the wrong letter ends up in the right word, or, the right letter ends up in the wrong word, or.....well, you know.
peace out.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

ER, There's a paragraph key?

7:33 PM  
Blogger rich bachelor said...

Thanks for stopping by, guys. I think maybe ER is suggesting that I should actually just break up my very, very long blocks of text into smaller paragraphs.
Did you see that thing Garza said about the hazards of drunk blogging? I agree; though nine times out of ten that's my m.o., too. I came back here to blow off steam, as you saw, after doing what I felt was my best to keep the dialogue civil with people who don't happen to see things my way.
I really mean it, though. I'm probably going to go back to writing little stories about my life. I'm a political junkie, but I too am burned out for the moment.
Cheers.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Xena said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Xena said...

I don't get it...It seems to me that everyone on that blog is pretty much dishing out the same thing. You, him, Mark, even me sometimes, everybody... If you really can't take it, don't visit that site, it really is pretty easy to ignore someone you obviously hate if you never read what they write. You really do seem well educated but now that I have read this post you sound more like one of my students, a whining, uneducated child who didn't get his way. I think maybe you should stick to the stories about your life, politics upsets you too much.

8:16 PM  
Blogger rich bachelor said...

Not so much, but thanks for commenting.
I mean, X, you blow off steam on your blog too, that might very well um...Alienate others.
And-not that you have to do this, but if you check every place I've commented, I've tried to temper my anger with suggestions about where the middle ground can be found. In response, I've gotten back what can charitably be described as obfuscation and temper tantrums.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home