please stop tickling me

In which we laugh and laugh and laugh. And love. And drink.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon

Otium cum Dignitatae

Friday, January 16, 2009

Love With Links

When I'm somewhat out of ideas, and feel that publishing another record review would be lazy, I get even lazier and link to a bunch of other stuff I find amusing. To wit:

Our friends at The Beast have published a list of last year's 50 most loathesome people. It's screamingly funny, angry as hell and not especially partisan.

Our friends at Something Awful have made this thing that is sort of like a webpage for a temp service that specializes in evil henchmen. It's five pages worth: make sure you get to Tendermane.

Dan Savage has been trying to find what definition, if any, would define "Saddlebacking". I myself voted for Definition 4.

In examining Seattle's Craigslist yesterday, I was intrigued by a posting titled "HIPPIES WITH THE FLOW". This led me down a long, strange road leading to the under-appreciated site ripoffreport.com, which you might recall once had a terrible story of racism and harrassment by someone who wished to sully my good name.

I keep wandering in and muttering things at Zrharc! The Comment Word Verification Dictionary, but they haven't updated since the fifth of this month, and I just don't know. (This joins such blogs as The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks, Literally, A Web Log and Apostrophe Abuse in my heart of snarky, grammar and word lovin' hearts.)

Blogspot does indeed seem to be heading closer and closer to inclusion of actual words on th' Drunk Catcher/Screen Door/Spam Killer feature, for whatever reason.
Why just recently, Junk Thief's word verifier asked me to spell such difficult words as 'berries' and even more ominously; 'guest'.

Speaking of which, I see that Andrew Wyeth has died. Hm.
Patrick McGoohan, Ricardo Montalban and Andrew Wyeth? I don't think I see a pattern...

World o' Crap has a nice shout-out to why it's safer to work Union. In my experience, it's true.

I found this lovely thing, randomly, the other day. Also ran into this guy from Portland who seems to be living in Vietnam these days. I like his writing.

Oh my, so much crap, indeed. But - it keeps me amused.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

All right! Thanks for putting me up in lights, really appreciate that and the compliment, I also went through your list and found some great stuff. You've got a really good thing going here, you can bet I'll be visiting often, my friend.

5:49 AM  
Blogger rich bachelor said...

Thanks for saying so. I'm digging your scene as well. Whatcha doin' in Vietnam?

11:21 AM  
Blogger LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Dang, I luv them links. That list of 50 most loathsome people is especially great. I'd love to see the YouTube video of baboons eating Cheney alive. That blog in Vietnam is a nifty discovery too since I've been there a couple of times and have wanted some current, unfiltered perspective.

I promise that I don't set those verification words. Mine from you right now is "tailla". Sounds like a drag queen name or seedy bar in Barstow.

12:15 PM  
Blogger rich bachelor said...

Oh yes: I know it's not you who sets them. It's some ghastly machine, but it seems -of late- to have started trying to communicate with us, The Bloggers, and that's creeepy.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm visiting Vietnam for a year though this March will be it and I'm heading back home to decide what to do next. It's a bit of a pilgrimage for me, my mother was Vietnamese (American father) but died when I was a kid so traveling here, seeing where she grew up, the whole experience is helping me find a few of my roots. I feel lucky being able to do it and with technology I can read things from back home (and even my neck of the woods.)

Though I'm awful homesick I can't figure out if I'm happy to leave or not!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home