please stop tickling me

In which we laugh and laugh and laugh. And love. And drink.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon

Otium cum Dignitatae

Friday, June 27, 2008

Fun With Friday, Programme name Edition

Oh, so so many things to discuss.
But instead, let's throw out a list of actual names of actual shows on the BBC, radio and telly.

A Many Splintered Thing

Bank of Mum & Dad

Be On a Show (Think of how many extant teevee shows this could actually be the title of.)

Casualty homepage (This isn't actually a show, but it bears inclusion here, I feel.)

Catching Up With Cancer

Chewin' the Fat

Crufts (Which I think are dogs, but I'm not sure. The British, as you know, love to make up words.)

Extreme Dinosaurs

Fimbles (The British, as you know, love to make up words.)

Freaky Eaters

Freezing

From Trotsky to Respect (Oddly, is what they call "The Biggest Loser" in the U.K.)

Games (Slink) (Compare to the tool manufacturer whose slogan was "Perfection: Schwank".)

Give My Head Peace (What could that possibly be about?)

Grab

Hair (Slink) (Okay; it turns out that 'Slink' is the BBC's fashion-oriented website. I just like the juxtaposition, though.)

Hardtalk

Hi-De-Hi!

Higher Grade Bitesize

Historians of Genius (...And superpowers!)

Hitting the Buffers (If you know what I mean...)

Holidays in the Danger Zone: Places that don't Exist

Hunting the Beagle (This from the culture that produced 'toad in the hole' and 'bubble and squeak'.)

It Ain't Half Hot Mum (BBC Comedy) (Good of them to note that it's a comedy.)

Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks

Know Your Place (It's probably ironic, but I love it still.)

Life Isn't All Ha Ha Hee Hee (I don't care what it's about, but I desperately want someone in The States to take this shows title and do something with it.)

Long Firm, The

1966 and All That (Response to a question posed by a historian/police inspector; "What's all this, then?")

No Waste Like Home

Only Fools and Horses

Organist Entertains, The (Host: Malcolm Laycock.)

Orrible

Ouch! - Disability Magazine (Dear BBC: please make more shows beginning with 'o'.)

Pain of Laughter, The

Painting Flowers (Host: Bob Ross's ghost.)

Phoo Action

Pinky Dinky Do (This, from the culture that gave us the condom advertisement that ran, "When it's time for rumpy-pumpy, it's time to put it in the bag.")

Remotely Funny

Rob Da Bank

Rubbadubbers

Scallywagga

Shiny Shiny Bright New Hole In My Heart

Should I Worry About?

Strictly Come Dancing (Or be laggardly and do not!)

Supergoose (Meets Historians of Genius!)

Test Your Pet

Tipping the Velvet (Tagline: "It's sticky wicket!")

Touch Me I'm Karen Taylor

Up Pompeii! (What could that possibly be about?)

Watch My Chops

Until next time, make sure to eat your neaps and tatties. Ta.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger disco boy said...

"Ian Hislop's Scouting for Boys"

might wanna rethink that title there, ian.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Oh, those wacky Brits.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Where can I read your manifesto for the service industry? Let me know...please?

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home