please stop tickling me

In which we laugh and laugh and laugh. And love. And drink.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon

Otium cum Dignitatae

Monday, April 28, 2008

Quotes, totes

It's been a bit long since I've written, as I've got ideas for three or four posts rolling around, and can't make up my damn mind. So, as a place holder:

"It's the great paradox: America is such an amazingly kickass, infallible nation because the mention of any justified criticism will cause it to go into a suicidal despair."-posted by 'Norbizness' on Wonkette

"One reason that I try never to wear a tie is the advantage that it so easily confers on anyone who goes berserk on you. There you are, with a ready-made noose already fastened around your neck."
-posted by Christopher Hitchens on Slate

"x) if this was Ricky, I'm gonna beat your ass, mama told you stop bothering the zoo
y) if this was Gina, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, how many times I gotta say I'm sorry "
- from a New York City posting on Craigslist titled 'Who put the dead bird in my mailbox'?

Oh, and you might as well go look at this
latest terrible thing filmed in Portland.

You're welcome. I'm sorry.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger disco boy said...

boy howdy did that song suck.

2:50 PM  
Blogger LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Portland and San Francisco should band together to keep them from filming crappy stuff in our towns. Things have gone downhill ever since "Vertigo" for us.

4:12 PM  
Blogger rich bachelor said...

Quite so, to the both of ya'.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

I've been told not to wear anything around my neck (when I worked as a counselor) just for that reason.

11:17 AM  
Blogger rich bachelor said...

Just as I was encouraged to sport a clip-on jobbie when I was a security guard.

A security guard at an art museum, where I was pretty unlikely to be strangled, but who knows?

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home