please stop tickling me

In which we laugh and laugh and laugh. And love. And drink.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon

Otium cum Dignitatae

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

and here we are


I want to say howdy, as I haven't had internet access in my building, of late. Now, there is a bouncing new laptop in my life, which is cool, and a whole new handload of problems.
These things are labor-saving devices, and at least in a wi-fi heavy scene like Portland, somewhat easy to use. That doesn't change the fact that the design flaws inherent in these here beasts make it frustrating to do the easiest of tasks. Mind you, it's about time I learned how to do all these things.

Ne'mind. We're not gonna talk about compooters. How about thoughts concerning goals for the upcoming baby 2006 here?
I really am going to quit smoking this time. Melatonin, St. John's Wort and various vitamin supplements on board to help, so I don't go through the violent mood swings (laughing jags, crying jags, punching and kicking things) I went through on the cold turkey plan. This means less time in bars, and less time drinking, I suspect.
Ride the bike more, drive in cars less. Learn to re-embrace the rain, basically.
Finish writing a novel.
Get a colonic. I've been sitting around, between sporadic work periods, for the last year or so. In this time, I haven't bothered eating well at all, and have been sedentary, to boot. I gotta clean out this food baby I've been growing here, then get back to daily excercise.
In addition, I'm going to rebuild the bottom half of my mouth.
There's some family stuff here, but that's classified. There have been a few border disputes of late, almost causing me to go to limited war on one side, and also some developments that trouble me on the other, making me unclear on how to proceed.
Figure out what's next. There is life beyond this city, and the Lady and I keep talking about where exactly that might be.

It occurs to me that I don't really have anything to write, at the moment. I just wanted to get back in the saddle, after being silent since the Sixteenth.
More to come when I actually have anything worth saying.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Jacq said...

Geez, RB is speechless???? That's a first!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

5:45 AM  
Blogger KOM said...

Good luck on the smoking front. I was never able to make it to the laughing and crying spells - but the hitting and kicking impulse kicked in almost immediatly.

If only that gum didn't taste like ass.

9:50 AM  
Blogger carrier said...

Good luck with the butt kicking Rich.

As you know I only smoke when I bum them. That seems to work pretty well. I can go for months without one.

I rarely do because of Cats, the Boy and yourself; but in theory I could go for months without one if I really wanted to.

I know this though, it isn't going to kill you to give it your best shot. Have courage young man.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Jacq said...

Kom, does that gum really taste that bad? I almost got that for a loved one to help them kick the habit. Instead, she ended up in the hospital a year later for another illness. She kicked the habit then, by god! (Kind of extreme, but she did quit!)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Jacq said...

The baby new year keeps getting slapped around by old man '05. For myself, I am determined to bury that piece of shit year in the cold desert sand somewhere and embrace the hell outta '06. The pendulum swings, cousin Rich.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

Welcome the hell back, dude.

Nicotine gum works -- or at least, it has worked for me, as a substitute for Copenhangen, for goin' on 3 years. :-)

6:45 PM  
Blogger rich bachelor said...

Awww...The resta you...the real concern was the Food Baby, but I do appreciate it.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home